Dr. Daniel Brubaker’s Cannabis Rules
Cannabinoids and Terpenes
That being said, we are fully aware of its recreational use as well. We refuse to treat persons who want to get high like people who drink alcohol seeking to get “buzzed” or “drunk”. Society readily accepts alcohol use, yet it has very little medicinal use. Since cannabis is less accepted, we have established Dr. Burbaker’s Rules to protect you as the patient and Dr Brubaker’s medical license.
- If you are dishonest about your medical condition(s) or any other information regarding seeking a license for Cannabis, I would suggest you not go through a reputable doctor. Your recommendation is for medical use only, NOT for recreational use.
- Under no circumstances should any reputable doctor issue a license for Cannabis to a teenager without the presence of a parent AND medical records from their doctor.
Diabetes and Cannabis.
Over the past 10 years of providing cannabis recommendations, who came to see me for other reasons, and in their history, they had diabetes. I learned through questioning my patients that her blood sugars were better controlled with the use of cannabis. We researched this observation and found: Cannabis can have the following benefits for PWDs (people with diabetes):
- Stabilizing blood sugars (confirmed via “a large body of anecdotal evidence building among diabetes sufferers”).
- Anti-inflammatory action that may help quell some of the arterial inflammation common in diabetes.
- “Neuroprotective” effects that help thwart inflammation of nerves and reduce the pain of neuropathy by activating receptors in the body and brain.